A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

MOM!!

I know you guys have been anxiously waiting for a update on my mom...With all the stress and being with her at the hospital, I have been unable to do any blogging.
  First off, we went in Friday Morning. They told us it would be a 4 hour surgery and they would keep us posted on everything. It had been about 4 hours and the doctor called and told me that he had encountered something he wasn't expecting and warned me that it would take several more hours. He said he would explain when he got a break to come talk to us. This waiting period felt like a life time, not knowing what he had encountered. He finally comes out to tell us the problem.
   A normal person has 1 "ureter" tube that comes out of the kidney into the bladder. For some unknown reason mom was born with two instead of just one, and they were blocked (still unknown as to why), making one of her kidney not even functioning, and caused them to have to use stents. To make a long story short, they done some major repair, which ended up being an 8 hour surgery.
   This is the most awesome thing of all....Mom has had a mass of infection the size of a lemon for 2 years...She had been so worried that it would be cancer. One of the first things I ask the doctor when he came down was, "what about the mass, how did it look, did you take it out?" His reply was "It's gone, If there was a mass there, its wasn't there today, because I didn't see anything to look like a mass."  This was such encouraging words to hear, and I couldn't wait to get back in the recovery room to tell mom! Only God knows how to help us in time of need! I know he healed my mom from that mass, I saw the test results! It was God!
    She is doing very good considering what she has been through. She expects to get out of the hospital Wednesday or Thursday! Please continue to pray for positive test results. They will let us know in the coming days if the cancer spread anywhere else than where they found it.
     What a stressful, but blessed week!! Sometime I tend to take good health for granted!
 Seeing my mom in this situation has been more than I can hardly take. I have had to remind myself this weekend, Our God is right there for us, all we have to do is reach up, and he will hold us while we cry! He has shown me just how awesome he really is this weekend! God is soo good!  
      Thanks for all the prayers that are going up for my mom! It has been and will be prayer that brings my mom through!

2 comments: