A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3rd/Day #3!

February Blogger Challenge Topic for today is..
    " Describe Your Relationship with your parents"
Lets start by saying, I am 30 steps away from my parents and as long as we separate ourselves with an electric fence I have a great relationship with my parents.....I hope all this is marked out!
"I am kidding, Honestly!!".... I know my momma will be reading this post, and I had to put those lines on here! LOL! I will do this in three parts!
  #1. As Parents: If I had to describe it in one word, I would say "Special"!  I honestly feel that I have the best relationship with my parents ever! My mom and dad are my best friends! They raised me in Holiness, and led me by example through the years! Dad and mom both worked on a public job until, mom being the first to quit (disabled) then dad (disabled). Dad didn't waste his time sitting around by no means...we went were ever the Lord would lead them to go (matter of fact, that's how I met Jay, which that story will come in our anniversary month, June)! We lived in OH in the basement of a church for five years while dad helped out in that church. After the Lord released us from that church, dad became assistant pastor at my grandpas church here is KY. At the same time for four years we traveled to Franklin OH every Thursday night for church, (then drive 4 hrs back the same night) dad went to help run the church. Mom, having three kids (five years apart, me being the middle)home schooled us, on the road most of the time. I remember having a birthday party at a rest area on the way to church one year! Believe it or not! I have so many memories!
  #2. Dad: I must admit, I have always been a daddy's girl, and always will be! On my wedding day before he gave me away, my brother (with some lines being tweaked) sang Butterfly Kisses (dads request)..On the very last chorus, the line "sticking little white flowers all up in her hair", dad had little white flowers hid in his pocket, flipped up my vale and stuck them in my hair, then kissed me on the cheek, all to my surprise! Enough tears!! When I have an insect in the house and Jay is not around, I call my daddy and he comes to my rescue! I could go on, but mom is waiting on her part. Ha!
  #3. Momma: We stick close together! Even now, always working beside each other! When I get sick, I want to be in the presents of my mom! When my kids was born, she basically moved in for a week. She was the best nurse anyone could ask for, and the best of the best nanny's! She has been such an inspiration to me in the last 26 years! Mom doesn't like to be given flowers, she wants things that doesn't die.. so on Mother's Day 2011, instead of a vase of flowers, I gave her a vase full of "What You Mean To Me" note-cards. Each note-card had a different message of what she means to me on them! Even through all moms sickness recently, she hasn't lost her touch, the warmth of her hands still feel the same! I am so glad God blessed me with such an awesome mother!
   There is so much more I can say! I thank God for such loving/Godly parents!
                       You can't have better when you have the best!
    I must sum this post up by saying, I have such a wonderful relationship with my parents, I am only 30 steps away from them and we get along without any trouble!!! LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your challenge posts! I will probably participate in about half of them :)! You have a special testimony about your parents, a wonderful legacy from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't add that my Dad pastored a church in Tennesse for 3 1/2 yrs. We had many picnics at rest areas, but never a bday party to my knowledge! Funny! Such memories growing up in the ministry. I love it.

    ReplyDelete