A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Monday, August 13, 2012

LaDessa's First Day of School!

Well, I am still trying to get brain to realize, LaDessa is now in school. 
She was so excited about going this morning. I couldn't get ready fast enough! She normally loves to have her picture taken..not this morning...it was "Mom! Lets Go! We Are Gonna Be Late!!.But little brother wanted to say cheese with sleepy eyes at least one time before we headed out!
He didn't know what to think when we left Dessa without him staying with her. She only goes a half a day..I never thought a half a day could feel like forever! Thankfully I had some things to do in London, so I were able to stick around until time for pick-up. (I have to be honest and tell the truth about the matter...I vowed, I was not coming home without her today)...and your not supposed to break a vow, you know.
The moment she got in the vehicle she started telling me what all she did! I was trying to drive with tears in my eyes....I had done so good all day without the tear stuff...I guess the whole thing was, she talked so big about it all! I ask her what she learned and she pulled her paper out and "the letter I". So I said well, what about it?.. her reply was.."the I sound is....i-i-i, and I learned my memory verse too"! It was so exciting for her to be telling me, yet heart breaking at the same time.
You just can't imagine your baby's in school when they are in your arms, or crawling around your feet..Time seems to fly by! I just can't understand were her five (almost six) years have gone so quick....all you have is the memories in pictures...Every day comes new changes!!! I wonder what tomorrow will bring? Ah, I'll just not think about it right now, I have had enough for one day!


  


6 comments:

  1. What an emotional day. Umm, why was I wiping tears away while reading this? ha ha Ladessa will do fine. Her teacher is a Godly woman who will lead her right. Hang in there. You will finally find a routine and it will get easier. Then next year she will be gone all day. Wahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think about next year right now....I don't know that I could be away from her all day...Half a day is hard enough!

      Delete
  2. We started school at home yesterday. :) Kari also learned the letter I. We're loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay LaDessa! Donna loved seeing your 1st day of school pix. She starts next monday. Heather, I've got a slow buildup of panic. My heart hurts!! & we go all day! I tell myself this is normal, the way its been done for a hundred yrs. :) Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that God was merciful for her to only have to go a half a day, the first year...God knew I wouldn't be able to take it. ha! I just picked her up from her third day...its getting a little easier every day...I am sure you will do fine...LaDessa wants to see pix!!!

      Delete