A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vacation 2012 "Part 2"


After leaving the aquarium we traveled to Augusta, GA and spent the night. It is now Saturday morning..we drive to Charleston South Carolina to tour the USS Yorktown/USS Laffey at Patriots Point and take a boat out to Fort Sumter. Jay is big on historical sights, so mom-ma and the kids just tagged along behind.
In a bed in Sick Bay Area. 

 Benjamin loved all the Touch and Feel things. He would pitch a fit when we would go to look at something else. He proved to us that day, he is all boy! Loves the big guns! There was soo much to look at..it really was awesome!
After 3 hours of going up and down steps, our poor legs had all they could take. Thankfully the boat we were to take, was there at Patriots Point so we decided to set down for some lunch while we waited on the boat to dock for us to get on. 
This was my very first boat ride!! It took us 45 minutes to get out to Fort Sumter. It felt like it took 2 hours or more. Jay and LaDessa was up moving around, while mommy and Benjamin sat real still (LaDessa is like her daddy, not afraid of anything). The wind was blowing making for a worse ride. I think Jay had more fun watching me than anything.
When we arrived I felt safe..I will admit, I couldn't enjoy the Fort to the fullest for thinking about that 45 minute trip back to land on water (must I say, I can not swim, so therefor I am afraid of water)! 
We were able to spend an hour touring the Fort. Jay really enjoyed it! It was worth all the boat excitement seeing him enjoy it. 

That concludes Part 2 of Our Vacation! 





1 comment: