A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Vacation 2012 "Part 3"

From Charleston we head to Myrtle Beach. After checking in to the Harbor Lights Resort  we went out to eat at the German Restaurant. Jay and his family once lived in Germany, so eating there suited Jay just fine. He loved it!
  Sunday was of course Mother's Day. Jay and the kids woke me up with Happy Mother's Day wished and cards. Later that day they treated me to the Empire Fire Mongolian Grill (my favorite place to eat at Myrtle Beach). I was soo happy! And to top Mother's Day off, Jay took me to Medieval Times!
  Monday, we went to the Alligator Adventure. It was truly amazing to see over a thousand alligators, crocodiles, snakes, turtles, tortoise and much more.
The biggest crocodile I want to see. To close for comfort for me!
The tortoise thought LaDessa was sweet, every time we would go visit him, he would come over for LaDessa to pet him. She said he was to big. 
The only reason she pet this guy was because his jaws were taped.

 On Monday evening my parents and grandma came down to spend the last 5 days with us. I was sooo glad to see them..I'll be honest with ya, I knew the kids would leave mommy and daddy for gram-ma and pop-pa..did I say that? Hey, we all need a break every once in a while! We had such a good time with my family! One bad thing about the trip...It rained every day, it was terrible. That's the most I have ever used my umbrella. We only got to go to the beach one time while we were there, and that one time we did get to go, it started thundering and lightning. Running in the sand doesn't feel to good when you have scared kids hanging on to ya. We had a blast what little time we did have at the beach.  Mom took all the pictures that day, so I will try to post beach pictures soon, If I can get them from her that is. 
  The rest of the week, we shopped at the Tanger Outlets, Malls, walked the Board Walk and Barefoot Landing several times, rested and ate!! And ate some more!!
There at the board walk they have a kiddie zone. We spent some quality time with  all the rides! I didn't think we would ever get to leave. And when we did, we had to drag Benjamin away screaming and crying! 
The thing that I wanted to do most, was REST! I do so did!! I enjoyed my time out on the Balcony! Listening to the water! That was so relaxing!
And at last on Saturday Morning it was time to come home, back to the norm! We had a great time while we were gone, especially spending time with family! Can't wait until next year!!
 
                                           This concludes Part 3 of 3!!  

2 comments:

  1. Im always jealous of disaster free vacations.
    Im with you on the boat rides. We went on a 3 hr cruise in Florida once and I hated it. The only thing I enjoyed was we got to see some dolphins. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time!!!!!! I would love to see all those alligators!

    ReplyDelete