A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Monday, April 23, 2012

April's #2 Stroll!

Well, its me again (sooner than I thought) with a not so boring blog post!! I have been trying to think of a good recipe to post for one of those "spare of the moment" up-coming summer events...This recipe sounds difficult, but its really not. Very easy made and great to do ahead! One of the reasons I like this recipe, you can add or take a way to fit your family's dislikes/favorites. Make it your Own!!
  "Mexican Snack Squares"
      Ingredients:
2 Cans (8oz. each) Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
1 Can (16oz) Old El Paso Refried Beans   
1 Cup Sour Cream
2 Tbs Taco Seasoning Mix (I prefer Old El Paso)
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Sliced Green Onions (8 Medium)
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Bell Pepper
1  Cup Chopped Tomato's Seeded
1/2 Cup Sliced Olives
     Directions:
#1 Preheat oven to 350.
#2 Unroll both cans of dough; separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Place crosswise in a ungreased pan (I just use a smaller cookie sheet). Press in bottom and 1 inch up sides to form crust. Firmly press to seal all connecting edges. 
#3  Bake 14-19 minutes or until golden brown. Let Cool Completely.
#4 Spread beans over crust. In a small bowl , mix sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Spread sour cream mixture over beans. Sprinkle remaining ingredients over sour cream mixture. Cover, and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. 
#5 Cut into small squares and serve with the rest of your Mexican meal!! Tip-this makes a great appetizer!


My hubby and kiddos don't care for vegetables that often and I simply cannot stand sour cream, but we all love this! They don't have a problem with the veggies and I don't even taste the sour cream!! You Gotta Try This!!

1 comment: