A Little About Me!

Welcome Everyone!! I am Glad you stopped by to read my blog! I love reading comments!!

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Diet Update!

  Still on the Atkins Diet??....I must say, Yes We Are! If you come to our house searching for Potatoes/Rice/Bread/Sugar Filled Desserts and etc, you will quickly discover you have come searching in the wrong cupboard!
  We have added many different items to our daily menu since I first started this diet. Do I have cravings? Sure I do, Cake, I love sweets! But...after you have gone without it for 5 weeks, you will be happy with anything "sugar free/low carb" you get your hands on! LoL!
  Here are the two most favorite side dishes my little family and I have come to love in the last couple weeks!
We have always loved Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad! So, I turned it into low carb! To us, its taste the same, and we can basically have all we want at anytime! Stir up some chicken salad, put it on cloud bread, with broccoli/cauliflower salad on the side, and go to town with it! Yum! 

Almond Muffin Bread (made with almond flour), very low in carbs! Wait...Did I say Bread? I Did, and it is soooo amazing! I have made these several different ways, but our favorite is, Sweet! We eat these as a bacon/egg/cheese muffin for breakfast! Its a great filler to boost your day! 
I let my mom try one, and she ask me to make her a whole batch any way I would like! ha!
As for the kids? "Mom, what kind of diet food are we having tonight?"  LoL! It has become the norm to them for supper. Lunch and snacks on the other hand are low fat. It would be very hard to make a child do the Atkins like an adult. Or my children anyway!  
Ready for the total? 12 pound drop in 5 weeks. For some reason, I never drop weight very fast, but I do feel much better 12 pounds lighter! Jay on the other hand is still much Farther along than I. We won't even go there!
We hope to keep going until we meet our goals, then work on maintaining!!
Do I have any dieting readers?? I would love to hear some encouraging stories!

1 comment: